Sunday, October 25, 2009

not my forte...

A leg cramp woke me up at four o'clock this morning. I have been having server leg cramps lately...the kind that turns your calf to rock and makes your toes flex in seemingly imposable directions. I could not get back to sleep so here I am in blogland.


I have not been posting much in this blog space. I work so much that I really only have three hours at home in the evening during the week. That seems to evaporate with making super, eating, cleaning the kitchen, taking care of my pets. The weekend is a flurry of domestic catch-up activity which this week had to all be done on one day.


It is Sunday morning and I have a long day ahead...going in to work to photograph the primary father/daughter mass & brunch from 10-12...doing paper work, setting up a small art exhibit of my student's work, and cleaning my classroom till 2...then it's meet and greet/open house from 2-4...then it's home to do laundry and cook food for next week-I bring my own lunch...my life is so exciting....


Don't get me wrong. I love my job, even all the extra duties I taken on to earn extra income, but it does consume me. And I know that the job, the time restraints...all of that is not the only reason I have not posted much... Part of it is that I think...who wants to hear about your day over and over...part of it is that I spend my time reading your blogs and think...they really have something to say...their life is so interesting...they really know how to connect...they have it together...


So...so I am trying to let my comparison go, that is not why I started this thing...I will try to post more often and not worry about it's worthiness. Know that I am not a writer, have no desire to be one...I am a teacher of the arts, an artist, mother, friend, etc, but writing is not my forte.


1 comment:

Joanna Jenkins said...

What?!?!?! I find your posts interesting all the time! We're all just a big global group sharing and connecting. Please don't be so hard on yourself. Blog when you have time, we'll wait for you.
xoxo