Friday, August 7, 2009

15 Books

Name 15 books challenge.

I am playing along with Allie, but I will not be passing this along. Not my style.

I did this in about four minutes...I thought of the first book in my youth that I remembered then moved forward in time. I stayed away from classic works, except for Midsummer, which I read in sixth grade.


The Instructions: Don’t take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you’ve read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes.

1. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

2. The Good Earth - Buck

3. Cheaper By the Dozen

4. A Midsummer Night's Dream - Willy

5. Slaughterhouse-Five - Kurt Vonnegut

6. The Illustrated Man - Ray Bradbury

7. Hawkline Monster, a Gothic Western - Richard Brautigan ( I count too)

8. A Clockwork Orange - Burgess

9. Mists of Avalon - Bradley

10. Hatrack River - Card

11.Newford Books (all 16 plus) - Charles de Lint

12.The Farseer Trilogy, Liveship Traders Trilogy, Tawny Man Trilogy - Robin Hobb

13.Outlander Series - Diana Gabaldon

14. The Black Jewels Trilogy - Anne Bishop

15. The Sevenwaters Trilogy - Juliet Marillier ( love all her work)

1 comment:

Joanna Jenkins said...

1: Cat in the Hat
2: Green Eggs and Ham
3: The Boxcar Children
4: Good Night Moon
5 Winnie The Witch (Godson's fave)
6: 2000 Leagues Under the Sea (Hated it-- required reading in 7th grade)
7: Exodus (It took a long time to finish but it was great)
8: A Man In Full
9: Hunt for Red October (I read it to my Dad in the hospital)
10: Grapes of Wrath (My all time fave)
11: My Life In France (I've given this book as a gift 7 times!)
12: The Prophet by Kahil Gibron
13: Tuesdays with Morrie
14: Waiting for Hope
15: Schindler's List

Wow, that was easier than I thought it would be!
xo